Aurora City Schools
102 East Garfield Road
Aurora, Ohio 44202
Fax: (330) 562-4892
Five School Buildings:
Aurora High School (9-12)
Harmon Middle School (6-8)
Leighton Elementary School (3-5)
in a campus setting.
Craddock Elementary School (1-2) off campus.
All of Aurora and a portion of Reminderville.
The mission of the Aurora City Schools is to ensure that through providing a nurturing environment, with high expectations and effective programs, all students will reach their full potential and graduate prepared to become responsible, productive members of society.
- Kids come first.
- Student growth is our priority.
- All students can reach their potential given the appropriate educational opportunities.
- The home, the community, the student and the school share the responsibility for learning.
- Everyone has dignity and worth.
- Everyone learns in different ways and at different rates.
- Education is life-long for everyone.
- Self-confidence and adaptability to change are essential to success.
- Effective communication is essential to success.
- Education is fundamental to a successful democratic society and to enable its citizens to compete in an ever changing global community.
November 2015 Enrollment
Aurora HighSchool: 1025
Harmon Middle School: 685
Leighton Elementary School: 619
Craddock Elementary School: 401
Miller Elementary School - Kindergarten: 179
TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 2961