A major part of the delayed school opening involves the transportation of students to school. Please be aware that when the Superintendent calls a two-hour delay, the following transportation adjustments will be made:
- All morning pick-up times for Aurora public, non-public and out-of-district school students will be two hours later than normal at their same location. If your student participates in the LEAP program, this will also apply.
- Transportation WILL NOT be provided for the following morning special needs and/or vocational school programs:
- All Excel TECC programs
- CEVEC program
- Excel TECC and P.M. CEVEC programs will leave AHS at 11:10 a.m.
- There will be no AM Kindergarten and no AM preschool.
- All day Kindergarten will also be picked up two hours later. The PM Kindergarten and PM Preschool students will be picked up at normal times.
As with school closings, the announcement of a school opening delay will be broadcast on television and radio stations and this announcement could begin as early as 5:00 a.m.