Student Credit Account
The IRS and state authorities are requiring that all school districts handle student fundraisers in a different way beginning next school year (2013-2014). We will no longer be able to do individual student accounts. All fundraising monies will go into a general fund that can be used to benefit all students equally. For example, when we do a fundraiser that is specified for raising money good towards the HS orchestra trip, all of the money raised will go into an account and will be applied equally to lower the cost for all students going on the trip. The Aurora Orchestra Association is working on how to handle money that is already in the individual student accounts. Once we have a plan in place, we will post it to this website and will email all parents/students through Charms Office. Thank you for your patience as we all work through these new changes.
* All orders and money must be returned NO LATER than 10/29/12
The main purpose in providing fundraiser opportunities is to help students and their parents raise money for large trips that take place every three years. The cost of the trip is over $800. However, that cost is cut significantly through yearly participation in fundraising opportunities. The next trip will be Spring 2013. Our current trip is a Performance Competition Cruise to the Bahamas with Royal Caribbean.
1. Yankee Candle Fundraiser - 40% profit (Ends October 29)
* Before you turn in your packet, be sure that the order and amount of payment received match
* Please retain both the PINK copy if your order packet and the catalogue itself (this will help with delivery process to your customers)
* Return the YELLOW and WHITE copes with your order packet. Please print clearly and bear down hard
* Be sure that the SELLER AND AURORA ORCHESTRA ASSOC. is printed neatly at the top of your order form.
* PLEASE, NO DOOR-TO-DOOR SALES - just to relatives, friends, neighbors and parents' co-workers.
If you have people that are out of town that would like to order, have them view the brochure online, tell you what they want and then you can fill out the order form for them. PLEASE NOTE that you will have to deliver the product to your customers, so keep that in mind.
2. Malley's Chocolate Fundraiser - 33% profit (paper orders end Nov. 19th. Internet orders end Dec. 17th)
* All orders and money must be returned NO LATER than Nov. 19th.
* Please fill out order form correctly and double check your math. Use the "How To Fill Out the Malley's Form" as a guide to help you correctly fill out the form.
* Please do not tear off the top portion of the form. Return the entire form to Mr. Burdett. This better helps us to correct any mistakes. A copy of your form will be included with your order.
* PLEASE NOTE that you will have to deliver the product to your customers, so keep that in mind
* Product will be delivered to AHS the week of our Dec. concert. You may pick up your orders after the concert.
Malley's also has a fantastic internet order - it is very easy. Simply follow the instructions that are handed out in class. After completing the instructions, Malley's will send you a link to your own personalized web page. Email, tweet, post, etc. this link and anyone in the United States can order chocolate with your webpage and you will receive the credit for all sales on that web site. This is convenient because you do not need to collect any money or deliver any product. Just send the email - the website will do the rest :)
3. "Steak N' Strings" Outback Steakhouse Fundraiser - 70% profit (ticket order forms are due December 20th)
* Pass out the Ticket Order Form to friends, neighbors, family, etc. Make sure your name is on the "Student Account Name" line at the bottom of the form. Collect the money (checks made payable to AOA) and return the $ and form to Mr. Burdett. You can also have them keep the form and they can turn it in to Mr. Burdett or the can mail it to the AOA PO Box : P.O. Box 475, Aurora Ohio 44202.
* The dinner is on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013 at 6 PM. We will have awesome raffle prizes as well.
* The steak dinner is a $26 value for only $20. Plus, 70% is profit in your account, so its like getting an Outback steak dinner for only $6 !!!