Aurora Concert and Philharmonic Orchestras
OMEA State Orchestra Adjudicated Event
Friday, March 2, 2012
Location: February 22, 2012
Brecksville Broadview Hts. High School (BBHHS)
6380 Mill Road
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
All students must ride the bus to the event. Please be on time!
Philharmonic Orchestra will begin dressing into uniforms immediately after school and will board the bus at 2:55 PM. Students will take violins/violas with them on the bus. I would like to have a couple of parent volunteers to transport the cellos and basses in their vans/minivans. This is better on the instruments and easier than loading them on a bus. We perform at 4:45 PM. Students may get a ride home with a parent if they sign them out with me. I will not be able to ride the bus back to Aurora and be there in time before Concert Orchestra leaves, so I will need a parent volunteer to ride the bus back to Aurora with the Philharmonic students.
Concert Orchestra students should arrive at AHS to get dressed in their uniforms by 5:30 PM. You need to leave Aurora High School by 6:10 PM at the absolute latest. I will not be able to return in time to ride up with the Concert Orchestra students, so I will need a parent volunteer to ride the bus Brecksville with the students. I will meet the group at Brecksville H.S. We perform at 7:55 PM. Students may get a ride home with a parent after the performance if they sign them out with me. After we are done performing and have received our rating, we will load the instruments on the bus (including cellos and basses) and I will ride back on the bus with the students. We should be back around 9:30-9:45 PM.
Philharmonic Orchestra– 4:45PM at Brecksville Broadview Hts. High School Auditorium
Concert Orchestra – 7:55 PM in the auditorium at Brecksville Broadview…
Philharmonic will return to Aurora High School approx. 6:30 PM. Concert orchestra will return to Aurora High School approx. 9:30 PM.
1. Attendance is mandatory and is a huge portion of your grade. This is the largest and most important event in which our orchestra will participate this year. Orchestras need to perform at a very high level to do well at this STATE event. We are very honored to participate in this event.
2. Parents are welcome and encouraged to watch us perform for the judges. Please be advised that photography or recording devises of any kind are strictly prohibited. Violations of this rule could lower our score or disqualify our performing ensembles. Immediately after each performance, the orchestra will be escorted to the sight-reading room for the final part of the adjudicated event. This portion of the contest is closed to the public.
3. After the sight-reading portion of the performance, the orchestra will return to the homeroom to get ready to depart. Any students who wish to go home with their parents after the performance, must be signed out by their parents. Students will only be allowed to go home with their own parents, not with a friend, brother, or another person’s parent. All other students will ride the bus back to Aurora H.S. with either myself or a parent volunteer
**In addition to needing parent volunteers to ride the buses with the students, help transport cellos and basses in vans/mini-vans, we will also need a parent to stay with our belongings in our homeroom during the performances. If any parent is interested in being a homeroom chaperone, please contact me. We need to have an adult stay in the homeroom at all times (including the performances). These are OMEA rules. Please see a more detailed schedule below.
Volunteer parents needed for help in the following areas:
1. Parents to help transport cellos and basses to the event in their personal vehicles.
2. A Philharmonic parent to monitor the homeroom at the event site during the performance
3. A Philharmonic parent to ride the bus back to AHS with the students after the performance (cellos and basses will remain at BBHHS and will be transported back by bus to AHS)
4. A Concert Orchestra parent to ride the bus with the Concert Orchestra students to BBHHS.
5. A Concert Orchestra parent to monitor the homeroom at the event site during the performance
If interested, please call or email me at: