This year’s event will be held on Saturday January 27, 2018 at
Springfield High School (Please note that this is pretty far away -southeast of Akron)
1880 Canton Rd.
Akron OH 44312
The registration fee for the event is $18.00 per solo and $23.00 per ensemble. This fee helps to pay for the judges and for the price of the awards and certificates. Please make checks to: Aurora Orchestra Association (AOA).
Students must choose a piece from the following required music lists. Please include the "Song Code" in your registration form:
String Solo list
String Ensemble list
Piano Solo list
Registration Form - Students who are interested in participating must sign up through Mr. Burdett, even if they are preparing a piece with their private instructor. Students must provide their own transportation to and from the event. OMEA will send the instructor the time of each student’s performance one-week before the event. Please be prepared to perform at any time the day of the event. Students who have an unavoidable conflict and must request a specific time (i.e. Morning or afternoon) should see Mr. Burdett.
Please complete the ONLINE GOOGLE REGISTRATION FORM and return payment (check payable to "AOA) by
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Piano Accompanists for Solo and Ensemble
- Make sure you call and reserve their services early – their time does get filled up quickly
- You will need to pay them for their time and talent – they should give you a price when you first make contact with them. Please pay the accompanist the day of the event or earlier. Do not send them a check in the mail after the date of your performance – that is rude.
- Everyone should rehearse with the accompanist at least once before the day of the competition. The more complex the piece is, the more you will need to practice with the piano
- They are professionals, so please treat them as such. Make sure that you are respectful and that you are on time for any rehearsals
- Listen to the advice that they give. They may have helpful suggestions with things like style, dynamics and tempo
Ann Ramsey – (330) 562-5256 (Aurora)
Sean Morris - (330) 906-2564 email@example.com I earned my master's degree in piano performance from Kent State. My rate is $50, which includes up to two 30-minute rehearsals and the day of the performance. I offer a $10 discount for siblings. If the repertoire is exceptionally hard I might charge extra. I can also drive to the school during class or afterwards for rehearsals.
Pam Mehalis – (330) 562-3564 (Aurora)
Aurora School of Music - If you take lessons here, talk to them about getting an accompanist
* Please note that this is only a partial list. You are welcome to use any accompanist of your choosing. If you know of an accompanist who would like to be added to my list, please let me know.